If you are very fond of listening to music and you are a music lover and you might be worried about how I play audio music without installing anything. If you want to play a single audio file without installing anything new on your Mac, there are several ways to do so using default apps that come with your Mac. Here with Detail guide on How to Play Audio on Mac Without Installing Anything. This all process one by one that easy to understand.
- Select the audio file you want to play in Finder
- Then press the space bar
- The Quick Look dialog box displays
- The audio file starts playing automatically
- Launch iTunes
- open a Finder window
- navigate to the audio file you want to play
- Hold down the Alt/Option key while dragging the audio file onto the iTunes window. The audio file is added to iTunes, but not copied to the media library folder on your Mac (~/Music/iTunes/iTunes\ Media/), even if the Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library option is on in iTunes > Preferences > Advanced.
If you want to play an audio file in the background, but you don’t want to use iTunes at all, QuickTime is a quick and easy solution.
In Finder, right-click on the audio file you want to play and go to Open With > QuickTime Player.app.
The QuickTime window opens, but the audio file does not play automatically. Click the Play button to begin playing the audio file. You can minimize the window and the audio file continues to play while you do other things on your Mac.
You can also drag and drop an audio file onto the QuickTime window to play it.
4. Play Audio Using Get Info in Finder
- Select the file you want to play
- press Command + I
- In the Preview section on the Get Info pane,
- move your mouse over the album cover and click the Play button.
The audio file plays while the Get Info window is open, and it continues to play when you minimize the Get Info window. When you close the Get Info window, the audio file stops playing.
I hope to use to understand all the article on How to Play Audio on Mac Without Installing Anything. If you have any problem then ask in the comment box. We can solve your problem.