Finally, OnePlus released Android 9 Pie Stable update rolling out to all OnePlus 6 owners, after Google’s Pixels and the Essential Phone, OnePlus and OnePlus 6 become the first OEM and Android device to receive stable Android 9 update.
This update includes everything first introduced with the Open Beta, such as a refreshed UI, Pie’s new gesture navigation, Gaming Mode 3.0, and more. Also included is the September 2018 Android security patch.
The biggest change coming in OxygenOS 9.0 is obviously the brand new UI for Android Pie. On top of that, users will be able to take advantage of a bunch of new Pie features such as gesture navigation, adaptive battery support and more.
After a couple weeks running in a closed beta, OnePlus has opened up its Android 9 Pie update for the OnePlus 6 to any willing participant. The new update is the first public taste of the actual OxygenOS-customized version of Android 9 Pie, as early builds during the Developer Preview stage didn’t have a full suite OnePlus tweaks and additions.
Here is the Changelog…
- Updated system to Android™ 9.0 Pie™
- Brand new UI for Android Pie
- New adaptive battery support
- New Android Pie gesture navigation
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.9
- Other new features and system improvements
- Do Not Disturb mode
- New Do Not Disturb (DND) mode with adjustable settings
- New Gaming mode 3.0
- Added text notification mode
- Added notification for 3rd party calls
- Accent color
- Supported accent color customization