Apple’s HomeCam getting a new software update today, The update brings HomeCam app adds support for Siri Shortcuts, Apple Watch app, more
The first and most important thing is that Apple Watch is a new companion to the app that allows you to see a live feed of your HomeKit cameras directly on your wrist. The watch app also includes microphone and speaker support, so that you can use it as a type of intercom.
In addition, newly added support for Siri shortcuts means that you can now ask Siri to display any camera in the HomeCam app.
The latest version of HomeCam also features a new and redesigned main list view with snapshot fallback support. This means that if a camera fails to load, you can still view a still snapshot of it. There’s also support for Face ID, Touch ID, or passcode authentication, speed improvements, and more.
New Features of HomeCam
- Snapshot support to enable you to see images when live streaming fails, especially useful when remotely accessing your cameras.
- A companion Watch app lets you view your camera’s live feeds on your wrist, including microphone and speaker support to allow you to use it as an intercom.
- With faster launch times, you can see your cameras faster.
- Siri Shortcut support lets you simply ask Siri to view a camera!
- A brand new camera grid brings more details to the forefront, clearer statuses let you understand what is going on easier with your home.
- Reorder your cameras to get the best order for your needs.
- Secure HomeCam with your face, finger or passcode with FaceID, TouchID and passcode support.
- New Keyboard Shortcuts on the iPad now let you move around HomeCam even faster.